WLHB

WLHB
My Blog Logo

Thursday 22 September 2016

A pick on SUNSHINE MUZIK Exclusive interview with Ola cj the Bere crooner… [Interview & photos] on September 21, 2016

We got a glimpse of SUNSHINE MUZIK interview WITH OLA'CJ. Here it is ::::::::::

Agunbiade Stephen Olarinde popularly known as Ola C’j is a young Talented Song writer, vibrant musician with a strong vocal, who has over the years carved a niche for himself in the Nigeria music industry with his style of music.

He is a graduate of the Lagos state polytechnics, where he studied business Administration. The Ondo born fast rising star grew up in the street of Bariga, Ifako Gbagada. He has always nursed the passion of being a global impact, in terms of producing and dropping of hit and inspiring songs that has always captivate the heart of his fans and listeners in a positive direction. This is basically what led him into music at a youthful age , I got the chance to catch up with him a few days before #BERE EP was released and chat with him about his background in music and the future projects he has in store.

SUNSHINE : Is “OLA’CJ” pronounced OLA’CJ ?

OLA’CJ : Yes it is pronounced as it sounds (ola’cj ). It seems like there is more than one person involved, but it’s just me and has been for years and years, for a short time I would DJ with someone under this name but it was soon made solo when I was the only one producing under it.

SUNSHINE : “BERE” is your First EP, can we expect more music like this from you in the future?

OLA’CJ : I had “MY TIME EP” release in 2014 with great success through JUPMCARESSME , which got me nominated as Best Dance Hall single and Best Hit single at the TopNaijaMusicAwards with almost one million to fund CD’s, stickers, posters, Video and interviews have focused on making good music , though the next release will be a lot more energetic and danceable, along the lines of , Bere and caress me this are good music . You can expect some more good music in the future, as it’s hard for me to stick to one style.

SUNSHINE: When did you first begin recording music?

OLA’CJ : I began music early in life, I was a drummer in my church band around the age of 12, which soon transitioned into EverGs bands and various solo music projects involving guitar, piano . I recorder my first single which was produce by Black2 when I was 17 years old .
SUNSHINE: How did you team up with Yeankeyz and decide to come up with this EP?

OLA’CJ : I’ve known yeankeyz for 10 years now or more, he’s my big Bother he’s someone i look up to i have always knew of his intense talents of making art. We meet up to discuss the EP that I needed badly, he showed me the secret behind the naija music industry my brother no be Samll thing I was convinced we needed to work together. We bounced ideas off each other for weeks and eventually came up with this.

SUNSHINE: Is there any Artist that you are particularly inspired by?

OLA’CJ : Sure. To name a few : Fela baba 70 , King Sunny Ade , Plantation boyz , 9ice, Ase , wandeCoal , OBO , SoundSultan , Don baba j , wizkid , kiss Daniel , Mr songs , D Banj , Olamide and plenty more.

SUNSHINE: Anything coming up for OLA’CJ we should keep an eye out for?

OLA’CJ : Yes. I have an album that i am working on, It should be done in a few months. I also have an upcoming Concert at Lagos Gbagada with Black Face , Yeankeyz and Snow on the 3rd of September ; this show will be epic. Aside from a few other shows, I’ll be in the studio cranking out tunes and playing festivals when I can, so let me know where you would like to see OLA’CJ perform! you can also follow me on social media

Instagram @ola_cj

Twitter me @iam_olacj

Facebook fan page @Ola’Cj

Snapchart @officialolacj

SUNSHINE: Thanks for your time sir Ola’Cj , hope to see you around some other time.

OLA ‘CJ : Sure , you are always welcome, any time

No comments:

Post a Comment